Monday, June 11, 2012

First day in Uganda: Harrison... an adventure to say the least!

I was praying that God would use me in great ways on this trip and help give me confidence, but I didn't think he'd use me so quickly. When we were at Mountain of The Lord church, I took some time to pray this prayer again and literally right when I said, "amen", man tapped me on the shoulder and asked for my name and then said, "Come with me." Not thinking, as I tend todo, I just got up and left with him. We flagged down a bodaboda (african style motorcycle taxi) and 3 of us (me, this guy, and the driver) rode off drove for 15mins. The guy couldn't speak English so I had no idea what was doing or where I was headed. Finally, we arrived at a small church. We went inside and they asked me to talk. I had no idea what was going on so I just gave my testimony. I thought I was done talking so I sat down. Little did I know I was far from done..the pastor then invited "the special visitor" to deliver the sermon. What sermon? I had no idea what was going on. I got back up and opened my bible to Ephesians 6. The only problem was that, because i was so nervous, I couldn't hold my bible still enough to read, so I just closed it, completly relying on God. I'm not really sure what I said but all I know is I opened my mouth and God spoke through me. This was an awesome experience and showed that God does answer prayers (sometimes faster than  we expect) and it also showed me how important it is to trust in Him and have faith in Him.

3 comments:

  1. Harrison, I don't know you yet, but I'm praying for you every day! I love this story and I'm excited for what God is going to do during the rest of your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story! Thank goodness you were a faithful servant! I know y'all are going to have beautiful stories of the experiences you are having! Prayers and blessings for each of you!
    Roxane (Mitch's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, amazing story! i love hearing and seeing how God is using you all. sending my love and prayers!
    becky

    ReplyDelete