Monday, June 11, 2012

First day in Uganda: Taylor

I was overwhelmed by joy the second we walked into church. I couldn't help but think that this was a glimpse of what heaven will be like, people from all nations, praising God in different languages. Though I didn't understand their language, know their stories or where they came from, it was evident that the Jesus had changed their lives. There are no words to express the magnitude of happiness  in our brothers and sisters and that church. When I was asked if I would share my testimony I said I would think about it, but in my mind,  I thought there was no way in heck I was going to get up in front of an entire church service to talk , especially on my first day. And then I realized  this isn't my story, this is HIS story. His story of extending grace to a sinner. It was in that moment that I realized God had not only changed my life, but also he had given me a mouth to proclaim His glory and He had brought me to Uganda for a reason. He wrecked my fear of speaking in front of others and I'm so thankful that he gave me the opportunity to testify to who  He is and what He has done in my life.  It's amazing what He can do through us when we are open to Him. Please be praying that our team stays humble and willing as we go out, keeping a servants heart. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Taylor!! I'm excited that God is using you already, and I know He's going to keep using you for amazing things over the next few weeks! Love you, girl, and praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine how fabulous that church felt with the spirit of Jesus Christ! We are so proud of each of you taking on this loving service. Prayers and blessing for each of you,
    Roxane (Mitch's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Tay Tay!! So proud of you. I betcha didn't think I would be following this, did ya??
    I really liked the part about it not being your testimony, it is HIS. That is SO true!!!
    I can't wait to hear more stories...keep blogging!!! Love you and miss you sis.
    PS-You do have an amazing testimony...remember cheesy gordida crunches? I'll leave it at that :)
    God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAYYY God is really putting you up to some serious public speaking challenges this month isn't he?! Love you so much and am so proud of you all!!!
    love rosie

    ReplyDelete